Vision and Mission
The Precision Medicine Catapult’s (PMC) vision is to establish the UK as the national and international leader and convenor of the precision medicine industry – developed at scale and delivering safe, reliable and efficient treatments to meet patients’ personalised needs at affordable cost.
Our mission is to:
- Accelerate precision medicine to become a ‘mainstream’ healthcare solution, ensuring realigned and robust ethics and regulatory compliance
- Help develop and grow precision medicine more quickly for the benefit of patients, life sciences and industry, to make the advances in research and innovation in precision medicine available to all, and in doing so, drive economic growth for the UK.
The PMC will achieve its mission through delivery across five critical areas of activity:
- Strategic Industry Leadership – providing leadership in bringing together health, research and industry leaders to shape and direct national and international strategy, priorities and programmes that attracts investment and promotes growth
- Networked Community of Practice for Precision Medicine – building a national community of practice in key areas such as business modelling, bio-informatics and pathway redesign by harnessing, integrating and collaborating with established networks and partner organisations
- Prototyping and Validation Accelerator – providing prototyping and test-bed capabilities (expertise, tools and technologies) to third parties (SMEs, industry, academic health) for rapid qualification and validation of molecular diagnostic tests
- Precision Medicine Clinical Trials – accelerating the development path by establishing precision medicine clinical trials with access to relevant patient cohorts and data
- Quicker Uptake to Adoption of Precision Medicine – lowering barriers to encourage and enable commercialisation and adoption at pace and scale by industry/SMEs into the NHS and complementary healthcare systems.